Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Masters of Philosophy Course
The Masters of Philosophy is a foundational introductory course encompassing ethics, psychology, philosophy and meditation. The purpose of the course is to teach the most fundamental tenets necessary to living a life of moral, intellectual, social and spiritual flourishing. The Masters of Philosophy has been carefully designed to be accessible and usable for those without backgrounds in the aforementioned disciplines. The course draws on exemplary thinkers from ancient and modern traditions, across different cultures – including: Aristotle, Confucius, The Buddha, Freud, Hobbes, Kant and Buber.
- Lecture 1 – Habit mind and cultivation of virtue: in the footsteps of Aristotle, Confucius and the Buddha.
- Lecture 2 – Acknowledging the dark side: the instincts, drives and unconscious – Hobbes and Freud.
- Lecture 3 – Developing the power of reason: enlightenment in the west.
- Lecture 4 – Meditation – theory and technique: enlightenment in the east.
- Lecture 5 – The Heart of Compassion and the Way of Relation: Buddhism and existentialism.